Literary Mama wants to know what you’re thinking!
We’re looking for short, focused op-ed pieces (a tight 500 to 900 words):
* Opinionated pieces with a strong focus and argument
* Timely essays about issues important to mothers and/or writers
* A new perspective on a popular topic
* Or an introduction to an issue that hasn’t yet caught the public eye.
We’re not looking for:
* Topics so obscure that most of the discussion is taken up with giving the reader background
* Sprawling topics impossible to keep to our tight word count
* Arguments familiar and/or uninspiring.
Please send queries and submissions to lmoped (at) literarymama (dot) com in the text of an email. Include the word “Submission” in the subject line of your email, and allow 2 weeks for a response.