Library Lover’s Month
February is Library Lovers Month!
Library Lovers’ Month is a month-long celebration of school, public, and private libraries of all types. This is a time for everyone, especially library support groups, to recognize the value of libraries and to work to assure that the Nation’s libraries will continue to serve.
Research has shown that everyone loves libraries, but no one thinks about them very much. That’s where you come in. You don’t have to be a public relations expert to promote your library. You just have to talk about it!
Librarysupport.net is an extensive website that shares many ways to spend February loving your local library. Here are just a few ideas for Library Love:
- Donate a book…or a whole shelf of books.
- Remember your library in your estate planning.
- Shelve books or nurture plants.
- Clean up after emergencies.
- Write to your state and federal legislators and demand that library service be viewed (and funded) as a necessary public service.
- Urge school and college administrators to make library funding a high priority.
- Use your skills to help with programs and fundraising events
Go to Librarysupport.net/librarylovers/ to download bookmarks, find storybook character costume ideas, research ALA event planing tips, and read library poems.