We’re Hiring a Creative Nonfiction Editor!
We are currently hiring an Editor to work in our bustling Creative Nonfiction department.
The Creative Nonfiction Editor leads, on a rotating basis with other department editors, editorial discussions of submissions to determine whether to accept, reject, or work with a writer on a particular submission. As a confident and capable editor, this individual works with writers to revise pieces for approval by the Senior Editors.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Experienced in writing, editing, and critiquing as evidenced by publication credits, teaching career, or writing group participation
- Organized, detail- and deadline-oriented
- Able to work independently yet maintain affiliation with a team who meets and completes projects via cyberspace
- Knowledgeable, or a willingness to learn, about group email conversations (we use Yahoo), editing software (we use MS Word, Track Changes function), cloud-sharing programs (we use Google Drive), and content management systems (we use WordPress)
- Knowledgeable about Chicago Manual of Style
- 4 to 6 hours a week, depending on the number of submissions in the department.
Please note that this is a volunteer position, as are all positions at Literary Mama. Work is conducted remotely, over the Internet. To apply, please send us an email at literarymamainfo (at) gmail (dot) com and include a cover letter and resume. Deadline for applications: April 27, 2015.