We’re looking for a creative and dedicated Poetry Editor to join our efforts in publishing literary writing about motherhood.
Please note: This is a volunteer position. All work is conducted remotely, via internet. Strong communication skills are required. Send your resume and cover letter to lminfo (at) literarymama (dot) com by Sept 15th, 2020.
Our Poetry Editors work together to assess submissions and determine whether to accept, reject, or work with a writer on a particular submission. Editors must have a keen interest in and understanding of poetry, as they work with writers to revise pieces for publication.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Experienced in writing, editing, and critiquing as evidenced by publication credits, teaching career, or writing group participation
- Organized, detail- and deadline-oriented
- Open-minded and able to find something positive about any piece of writing
- Knowledgeable about Gmail, Google groups, WordPress, Chicago Manual of Style
- Works well with a team
- 4 to 6 hours a week, depending on the number of submissions in the department