Community News: HerStories Writing Summit
We at Literary Mama love The HerStories Project: an online community for midlife women who write (or want to write but don’t know where to start.) We’re excited to announce The HerStories Community 30-Day Writing Summit featuring 20 writers, instructors, coaches, and editors, including Literary Mama Profiles Editor, Holly Rizzuto Palker and former Literary Mama Reviews editor, Autumn Purdy.
Although the Summit began January 16, there’s still time to register and catch up on the recordings of previous workshop.
Here are five reasons from HerStories about why this summit might be right for you:
- It’s an online writing conference, just for midlife women, run by midlife women. To my knowledge, it’s the only writing summit for women like us.
- You will be part of a community. This isn’t the sort of conference where you listen to speakers and take notes on your own. The most important part of this summit is writing together and connecting. The presentations are designed for reflection as well as interaction.
- You can pay what you can afford. Lots of writing conferences are quite expensive. We don’t want anyone to be prevented from joining us because of challenging financial circumstances.
- We chose the topics based on your interests. These are some of the topics you said you wanted to learn and explore more, such as how to get published, personal essay writing, and generating ideas.
- You can participate as little or as much as you want, on your own time. Only want to attend a few sessions? Great! Do you want to show up and write with us every single day? That’s wonderful! There are no prerequisites for any of the workshops or presentations. All presentations will be recorded to watch whenever you want.
Learn more about the workshops and register on the HerStories Community website.
Community News is a space for sharing mama-worthy literary news. If you have some exciting news to share, please drop a comment below, or find us on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.