Literary Mama is an all-volunteer organization that brings mothers together through literature. Over the years, our staff has included women who are pregnant with their first child, women whose children have all reached adulthood, and mamas everywhere in between. We seek self-motivated, collegial collaborators who are comfortable communicating online and expanding the reach of our journal’s community.
If you’re interested in joining our team, contact us at lminfo (at) literarymama (dot) com.
Please note: These are volunteer positions. All work is conducted remotely, via internet. Strong communication skills are required.
Literary Mama is looking for someone with fundraising and grant-writing experience to manage and spearhead all fundraising efforts for our nonprofit. Including two donation drives per year and grant writing, this person would work independently, in collaboration with the publisher and nonprofit board.
- Drafting donation request emails
- Working with newsletter editor and nonprofit board on sending out donation drive emails
- Researching grant opportunities
- Grant writing and submissions
5-6 hours per month (up to 10-12 during the fall when grant deadlines and fundraising efforts are underway)
The Photo Editor overseas the photography and images used on our website. They research and contact photographers in order to build a library of compelling images and generate creative ideas for images to pair with pieces. This editor works collaboratively with the Blog, Social Media, and Newsletter Editors to promote Literary Mama.
The perfect candidate will be:
- Technically proficient in photography.
- Experienced as a photo editor and/or photographer.
- Open-minded, diplomatic, and interested in mother-centric literary writing.
- Proficient with content management systems, group email conversations, and cloud-sharing programs.
2 to 3 hours per month