Update the content of the Web site on a weekly schedule, using Moveable Type, FTP, and HTML. Maintain the integrity of the site: update templates and style sheets, fix broken links and outdated code, add new departments or sections as the site grows, and filter and report C Panel statistics. Work closely with Senior Editors to plan and strategize moving our large, complex, heavily-archived site to a new Web host with new authoring tools. Train technical assistants and editors as needed.
The person in this position must be relentlessly cheerful and fearless about figuring out what they don’t know. The job also requires:
· Demonstrated expertise in HTML and Moveable Type 3.
· Knowledge of other authoring systems such as Moveable Type 4, Drupal, and WordPress is a big plus.
· Comfortable with the structure and needs of a large-scale online publication with many authors (beyond the scope of a large blog).
· Unqualified attention to detail.
· Ability to meet weekly deadlines.
This is not a paid position – we are all volunteers here. But it’s part-time, and you’ll get a behind the scenes peek at running an online publication, a fabulous line on your resume, and access to lots of great writers and editors.
To apply, send letter and resume to cmgrant AT speakeasy DOT org