The Mama Mary Show
The Mama Mary Show is seeking submissions about stories of loss, grief, redemption and joy from Daughters who have lost their Dads:
I am looking for submissions from any and all women who have lost their dads, any age and any circumstance. The pain is universal but each individual story is unique.
I loved my Dad more than anything. I miss him more than words. And that is the main impetus for creating this book. It’s an ode to my father…to all the lost fathers out there. And it’s a therapeutic glass of wine with women of “the club” who want to commiserate and celebrate their loss, together. I want it to be as beneficial for those that are contributing, as it is for those that read it. I want them all to know it gets better.
If you are reading this and have lost your father, first and foremost I am sorry for your loss. If you would like to contact me about this project or send me a submission for consideration in the book please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are reading this and have not lost your father, go give him a hug and know that this book will someday exist for you if you ever need it.
MY MISSION – ON A GLOBAL LEVEL
1) To offer solace and comfort to women that have gone through the devastating loss of their father. To help them:
Know what they are feeling is normal
Know they are not alone
Know that it gets better
2) To bring together the women of “the club.”
3) To allow women contributing an avenue to release some grief in a positive way through their writings and commemorate their father in a timeless manner.
4) To explore and portray the precious relationships between dads and daughters.
5) To juxtapose the universality of grief as well as the uniqueness of everyone’s individual stories
6) To raise money for and awareness of Hospice.
ON A PERSONAL LEVEL
1) I want to turn my “pity party” into something positive.
2) Pay if forward and make my dad proud.
3) To help myself and others feel close to our dads again.